Serious Sexual Dysfunction And Their Treatment
Are you suffering from an inability to become physically aroused or excited during sexual activity? Are you lacking sexual desires in your life? Don’t worry because there is a solution to every problem and we are here to help you out.
Men and women both are suffering from some sexual problem or the other but the important part is to know the reason behind those problems. Before we hop onto to the symptoms and treatment, let’s discuss some common questions.
What Is Sexual Dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction is considered as a problem occurring during any phase of the sexual response cycle. It prevents an individual or a couple from experiencing satisfaction during sexual activities.
The sexual response cycle generally includes excitement, resolution and orgasm. The excitement phase consists of both desire and arousal of sexual response.
According to studies, sexual dysfunction is common as around 43% of women and 31% of men are facing some degree of difficulties. People usually hesitate to share these problems but there are solutions.
It is advised to share your concern with your partner or consult to the best psychiatrist for the treatment. After knowing what is sexual dysfunction, now you might be thinking about the types of dysfunctions.
Different Types Of Sexual Dysfunctions.
Sexual Dysfunction is broadly classified into 4 categories which include:
- Desire disorders are a lack of sexual desire or interest in sex.
- Arousal disorder is the inability to become physically aroused or excited during sexual activities.
- Orgasm disorder is the delay or absence of orgasm (climax).
- Pain disorder is suffering some pain during intercourse.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Inability to achieve or maintain an erection which is required for intercourse.
- Premature Ejaculation: Inability to control the timing of ejaculation during intercourse.
- Inability to achieve orgasm (climax)
- Inadequate lubrication during or before intercourse
Common Symptoms in Men & Women:
- Lack of interest in or desire for sex
- Inability to become aroused or excited
- Pain during intercourse
What Causes Sexual Dysfunction?
- Physical Cause: Many physical or medical problem can result in sexual dysfunction. These may include diabetes, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalance and many more. The side effect of some medications like antidepressants can also lead to this problem.
- Psychological Cause: This includes stress, anxiety, performance pressure, the feeling of guilt, body image and so on. Consulting the best psychiatrist can help you to overcome these problems.
Some Useful Treatments For Sexual Dysfunction Are :
Most of the sexual dysfunction can be cured by treating the underlying psychological and physical problems. Some strategies used for treatments are:
1- Medication :
If the cause of sexual dysfunction is due to medication, then change in medication may also help. Men and women suffering from sexual dysfunction can take help of hormone shots, cream or pills.
For men, drugs including sildenafil (Viagra®), tadalafil (Cialis®) may help to improve sexual function as it increases the flow of blood to the penis. It is always better to take advice from a renowned psychiatrist before consuming any medicines.
2- Sex Therapy :
If a couple is suffering from the sexual problem then consulting a sex therapist will be a good option. Sex therapists are well trained and also have experience in marital counseling which is a great help.
If a couple is willing to enjoy their sexual life then consulting the best psychiatrist is an amazing idea. These therapy sessions are a great help for people suffering from sexual dysfunction.
3- Behavioural Treatments :
These include various techniques like analyzing harmful behavior in the relationships. Self-stimulation is a technique for treatments of the problem with arousal or orgasm. If you are suffering from behavioral issues then don’t forget to consult the best psychiatrist.
4- Psychotherapy :
Some people are suffering from past trauma which effects their current sex life. It is advised to consult the best psychiatrist for a psychotherapy session. Their sessions will help you to recover from fear, anxiety, guilt or body image which is affecting your current life.
5- Education And Communication :
Proper knowledge about sex and sexual behavior is very important which helps an individual to overcome anxieties about sexual function. Communicating with your partner about your fantasies or desire may also result in a healthy sexual life. Advice from the best psychiatrist can lead to a great sex life without stressful situations.
These are some of the symptoms and their treatments which can enhance your sex life. Don’t worry if you are suffering from any sexual dysfunction, visit us for the best psychiatrist sessions. Do comment about your experience after following these techniques.